Saturday 30 March 2013

0 How To Wear Shorts

How To Pull Off Shorts

I work in a corporate area, and, honestly, I rarely see men in shorts, unless it's the odd tourist who thought Midtown East was bumping at 9:00 a.m.


How To Wear Shorts - To The Office


Hey Sachin,

I live in the South and can't figure out what to wear these days. I started a new corporate job a few months ago, and while the office is nice and cool, my commute (I walk for part of it) in the heat is killing me. I get sweaty and uncomfortable, and am wondering if wearing shorts to the office is OK. What about shorts in general? 

Thanks,
Jamie

I feel you, Jamie. I live in New York, and this summer's been hotter than hell. For a lot of guys, wearing shorts is up there with sandals and man bags: Once a certain line's been crossed, we feel like we're in unmanly territory. We have no reservations about wearing an adult-size version of the loose-fit cargo shorts we wore as boys, but ask us to get into something that's slimmer and falls above the knee -- ring the alarm. 

Problem is, you can't roll into work in your weekend shorts. First off, what's your office dress code like? Are the other guys in your office wearing shorts? On casual Fridays? I work in a corporate area, and, honestly, I rarely see men in shorts, unless it's the odd tourist who thought Midtown East was bumping at 9:00 a.m. That doesn't mean you can't wear shorts; it just means you have to decide how comfortable you are with them.

If you've given shorts the green light, choose the right pair. A lot of retailers are now referring to the office-appropriate short as "smart shorts." Think of these as the shorts version of a suit trouser: flat-front, fits well, dark, solid color. My advice is to keep it simple: Boat shoes, like a Sperry Top-Sider, navy "smart shorts," a white polo, a navy blazer and a brown vintage leather briefcase is a stylish way to pull of shorts at the office. Finally, if you're prone to sweating, beat the heat with my tips on sweatproofing your clothes.
your ad here

comments

0 Responses to "How To Wear Shorts"

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

eNews & Updates

Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates!

Recent Posts

Friends' Blogger